Informationen zur Anzeige:
Senior Optical Designer* for Augmented Reality (m/w/d)
24.09.2023, SCHOTT AG
Job Board | Senior Optical Designer* for Augmented Reality Be the ONE who joins a great team.
SCHOTT is an international technology group and a leader in the fields of special glass and glass ceramics. We value innovation, sustainability and our pioneering spirit - but above all, we value our employees. Whether in production or management, you can advance your career and work with highly qualified colleagues from around the world in an authentic and supportive environment.
SCHOTT – 17,200 experts in 33 countries worldwide – become one of us! #oneofus
Senior Optical Designer* for Augmented Reality
- Development of optical design models for Augmented Reality waveguide components
- Responsible for sensitivity-analysis with process and design parameters to derive information on correlation with product quality
- Support the New Product Introduction team on setting appropriate process boundaries for mass-manufacturing scale
- Initiating improvement-activities in manufacturing and product design via optical design tools
- Identification of actions by studying process statistics and their correlation to performance or yield
- Evaluation of internal and external change requests to product or process with respect to influence on optical performance and processing parameters
- Supporting the engineering and metrology teams in studying optical systems by using simulation and data-analysis
- Excellent degree in physics, engineering or optical design, preferably with PhD
- At least 5 years optical industry experience in optical design and simulation
- Advanced knowledge in optical simulation tools, e.g. ZEMAX
- Experience in optical metrology
- Eagerness to find feasible solutions for complex technical challenges
- Very good English language skills (written and spoken)
- Willingness to travel abroad
SCHOTT’s openness to promote your further development is just as great as our additional benefits. Ranging from active health management via flexible working hours all the way to corporate pension plans: everything geared to suit your goals and needs.
Discover a special corporate culture where everyone has the opportunity to develop their entire potential.
At SCHOTT, you can expect a unique corporate culture where we emphasize equity, diversity, and inclusion. We know: motivated and committed employees are the precondition for the success of our company. Subsidized pension plan Exclusive employee benefits/discounts Holistic corporate health management Flexible working hours
Augmented Reality will be the next big thing in consumer electronics. Based on SCHOTT’s technology heritage, the persistence and creativity of our team to create pioneering innovation, and the customer intimacy created over years, SCHOTT is industry leader for optical components.
To strengthen our Augmented Reality Team within the Business Unit Advanced Optics, we are looking for a Senior Optical Designer* at our headquarters in Mainz.
Please feel free to contact us
We’re looking forward to your application
Before you start your application at SCHOTT, there are many things you will want to know. What are the different ways I can apply? And how does the application process at SCHOTT actually work?
We answer the most frequently asked questions about the application process here.
*At SCHOTT, it’s your personality that counts – not your gender, your identity, or origin.